Old September 6th 03, 11:03 PM
Diverd4777

In article , "Lee Smith" writes:

Based on my experience, my recommendation to him will be to ditch the TFD
and go with a horizontal loop as large as he can possibly make it around, or
near, the circumference of the apartment building roof without being visible
from the ground.

This would be my approach as well, making a large horizontal loop, or random
wire, using the circumference of the apartment building roof
, then feed it to the R-75 with some co-ax.

The more antenna exposed to skywaves, the stronger the signal !

I have been thinking about approaching my Co-op board with such a proposal,
but will wait untill they finish installing Lightning Rods & such.

- BTW Art Bell has some Gigunda doouble loop antenna,
wonder how it performs & has he got a QSL from Tibet??

Dan