Old September 8th 03, 12:02 AM
Martineau Gauda

Bob,

Thanks for the great information. I am returning to ham radio and I am
taking the General test Sunday. It has been many years since I have been
involved with HF and SWL and the information that you sent helped a lot. I
now have a 2 meter rig with a home brew J pole.

I am quite familiar with AES and purchased the Icom 2720H and Daiwa CN-801
SWR meter from them, among other items. They have a great price on the R-75
and I think I will take advantage of the special pricing. The shortwave is
mostly for my daughter.

I will let you know how things work out.

Martineau

"TerMarL" wrote in message ...
Is your building brick/steel or wood frame? If brick/steel then external
almost a necessity. An alternative is antenna in/on window. If wood

frame,
wire inside will have satisfactory results until a better solution comes
along.