Old June 5th 04, 02:54 AM
xx

Thanks for the insight guys. There were some pearls in there.

Eric

"Steve Nosko" wrote in message

"hello" wrote in message
Eric Schumacher wrote:
Hi Group

Can anyone give me a brief explanation of the theory of operation of a
commerical FM broadcast antenna. Specfically the Jampro JMPC (picture
at )http://www.jampro.com/fma/jampjmpc.htm It looks to me like a

couple
of
1/2 wave dipoles each folded into V and fed in phase using two gamma
matches.

Looks like a lindenblad antenna
(http://www.amsat.org/amsat/articles/w6shp/lindy.html)
with a original feeding.
Thierry F4DWV

Not to me. It looks like the lindenblad elements are fed IN phase, right?

Differences
JMPC Lindenblad
-two bent half waves -four straight half waves
-Elements in two planes -elements in four planes
-symmetry around the -symmetry around the center
center of the two of the four antennas
elements for 180 for every 90 degrees
degrees of rotation of rotation

similarities
circular polarization
Perhaps fed in phase elements
Weird.

--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.