Old September 9th 03, 02:10 PM
Pete KE9OA

Default High performance MW receiver

My employer has given me the go ahead to design a new product. If there is
enough interest, I will design a new MW receiver for the market. What would
you be more interested in......................a small table top type, or a
portable?
Performance wise, I am talking about something like that of an AOR7030.
I don't think that I would be inplementing Sync Detection, but a couple of
I.F. bandwidths could be possible. Definitely, double conversion, and
digital readout, with good audio quality.
Would you want any presets? How about target price? Do you want a built in
antenna, or external antenna only? High and low impedance antenna inputs?
How about a built in tunable preselector?
E-mail me directly, and we will see what happens. Any of you who have built
any of me receivers know what I am talking about...............I plan to
take the design to the next couple of steps up in performance.

Pete