Old September 10th 03, 07:22 AM
Pete KE9OA

Hi Randy,
At the Madison, Wisconsin gathering a couple of years ago,
one of the folks brought along his CCRadio. I brought a couple of mine
along, and we just let the CCRadio sit along, looking happy. While the
CCRadio is a good receiver, this new unit of mine will be ten steps above
that in performance. The units that I have built so far have been pretty
comparable in performance to my Racal 6790/GM. Another
analogy..................picture a Collins 75A-4, and picture it with an
antenna with performance better than a Palomar loopstick antenna, but not
quite as good as the large Kiwa antenna, and..............you get the drift.
Even with a 6kHz Murata ceramic filter, the skirt selectivity is steep
enough that you can separate the sideband components from the carrier of an
AM signal. I think that you would be very pleased with the product. It's
going to be a winner.

Pete

Randy Padawer wrote in message
om...
Pete, I have no doubt that you can do it, but it strikes me that your
radio will need to be darned good to beat CCrane's "CCRadio Plus."
Maybe others will disagree, so I'm ready for the education I deserve
if that's the case. However, as it stands now, I'm pretty impressed
with that commercially available receiver.

Randy (WA4FJF)