Old September 10th 03, 07:50 AM
DeWayne

Thanks for the info. The price doesn't seem that great IMO. I've seen
7600GR's for less than $140 new.
DeWayne

"P.A." wrote in message
om...
DeWayne,

It would seem to me that the radio on sale here is a grey market one:

Why?

1. The ad does not say anything about the radio's warranty - the word
warranty does not even appear, even though the radio is "brand new in
box". Grey market radios do not have US warranty, and retailers
selling such radios often skip talking about it all together.

2. The seller's business is located in New York, which is where a lot
of grey market electronics from Asia end up ... (not just radios, but
also cameras, camcorders, ...).

Regards,

pa

"DeWayne" wrote in message

. ..

Would you please post an example of a 'grey market' Sony on Ebay?

Thanks!
DeWayne