Old September 10th 03, 08:06 AM
starman

Ron Hardin wrote:

Must have synch detection and selectable sideband. No serious MW
program listening is possible without it - the adjacent channel
shares spectrum with one sideband of the channel you're tuned to.

I agree. Sync' detection is the one feature missing from all current AM
(MW) receivers for the masses. I would prefer it to be a portable. I
guess the sync' feature would mean a price of at least $100. I wonder if
the Sony sync' (AM-stereo) chip would be available for your project, now
that the '2010' is out of production? Otherwise you would have to use
general purpose IC's for the sync' circuit. That's what Drake did. Good
luck with it.