Old September 9th 03, 06:53 PM
MRe

"Pete KE9OA" schreef in
bericht

..net...
My employer has given me the go ahead to design a new

product. If there is
enough interest, I will design a new MW receiver for the

market. What would
you be more interested in......................a small

table top type, or a
portable?
Performance wise, I am talking about something like that

of an AOR7030.
I don't think that I would be inplementing Sync Detection,

Synch detection is a MUST for a high quality AM radio.

but a couple of
I.F. bandwidths could be possible. Definitely,
double conversion, and
digital readout,

Single conversion with a good preselector is O.K
Up conversion may also be considered

with good audio quality.

For mediumwave reception LOWE's HF150 should be your guide
in performance,
(Not in ergonomics). The synch detector is very high quality

Would you want any presets? How about target price? Do

you want a built in
antenna, or external antenna only? High and low impedance

antenna inputs?
How about a built in tunable preselector?
E-mail me directly, and we will see what happens.

This is usenet, more people are interested in the
discussion.

Any of you who have built
any of me receivers know what I am talking

about...............I plan to
take the design to the next couple of steps up in

performance.