Old September 10th 03, 12:54 PM
--exray--

RHF wrote:
HK,

Sounds like you what a Radio built in a computer mini-tower case that
accepts various modules to create your own radio.

I like the basic low price Idea with the add-on features later as you
go. A basic $150 radio could turn into $600 to $750 worth of extra
sales as the radio is added on to to reach the owners personal needs.

Basic AM/FM/SW Radio $150
Including: Digital Frequency Display, RDS & Clock Timer Module
+ Extra IF Dual Band Pass Filter Module $150
+ + AM-SYNC & SSB Module $150
+ + + DRM Decoder Module $150
+ + + + FM DX & Stereo Module $150
+ + + + + Loop Active Antenna Module $150
+ + + + + + CD/DVD Recorder Module $150

Hey In a Years time, I could buy and build a $1000 Radio.

~ RHF

Pete and RHF, I'm sure you're probably familiar with the Elecraft K2 ham
rig. They've created one of the better ham rigs on the market, even
though its a kit, using this building block concept. I guess more
importantly, they've stayed busy with updates and kept their thumb
firmly attached to the pulse of the users. Customer Support is as
important and demanding as any of the physical features.
Oh, as for ergonomic features, Puleez put the headphone jack on the
front of the radio!

GL,
Bill