Old September 10th 03, 05:11 PM
Pete KE9OA

Looking and listening to all of your replies, it looks as if I will need to
design a small (but not too light) tabletop model AND a portable model.
Thanks for the good input!

Pete

MJC wrote in message
To answer your first question about size and portability, take a look

at
the CCRadioPlus. It is a perfect mixture of size, portability, reception

and
sound quality. It works off both AC and battery, and it's battery life is
exceptional off of C cells. It's sound is as good as any table top radio

(or
better).
As for all the rest, I think everyone else here has already listed all
the desired technical features and if you manage to incorporate them all
into the package as I described (like the CCRadioPlus), you'll have a
winner.
The only concern then is if you will be able to offer it at anything
reasonable in cost. We all know you can't set something for nothing so, as
the designer, you're the one who'll have to figure out the best compromise
of cost and features that will sell well on the open market.

MJC

"Pete KE9OA" wrote in message
My employer has given me the go ahead to design a new product. If there

is
enough interest, I will design a new MW receiver for the market. What

would
you be more interested in......................a small table top type,

or
portable?
Performance wise, I am talking about something like that of an AOR7030.
I don't think that I would be inplementing Sync Detection, but a couple

of
I.F. bandwidths could be possible. Definitely, double conversion, and
digital readout, with good audio quality.
Would you want any presets? How about target price? Do you want a

built
in
antenna, or external antenna only? High and low impedance antenna

inputs?
How about a built in tunable preselector?
E-mail me directly, and we will see what happens. Any of you who have

built
any of me receivers know what I am talking about...............I plan to
take the design to the next couple of steps up in performance.

Pete