Old September 10th 03, 08:26 PM
Kent

KJES
The Lords Ranch
Mesquite, MN 88048

50kW

"Gray Shockley" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:33:00 -0500, Randy Padawer wrote
(in message ) :

Today I scanned across 19m and heard some really scary evanglist types
on 15.385 MHz -- it was just after 1800 GMT, Wednesday, September 10,
2003. Here's an excerpt:

It may be KJES, a station on which I have no information (and would
appreciate some). Appears to be in the Southwest USA.

Gray

"If your hand or foot causes you to sin,
cut it off and throw it away.
It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled
than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire."

"And if your eye causes you to sin,
gouge it out and throw it away.
It is better for you to enter into life with one eye
than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell."

Another verse I don't even want to directly quote -- the gist of it
was that it would be better for a child to have a millstone put around
his neck and drowned than to witness someone else sinning. I sure
hope we don't hear about these people on CNN one day, but I imagine
nevertheless that some of the religious-based murders we sometimes
hear are grounded in beliefs like this.

Anybody know what group originates this incredible doggerel?

Randy (WA4FJF)