Old September 10th 03, 10:51 PM
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

In article , Matt wrote:
1. Sync detector. The sync detector on my Sony 2010 really helps me
dig out stations that my other non-sync radios cannot. How much per
unit would a sync detector cost?

The sync detector on the 2010 was born because Sony had tons of AM stereo
demultiplexor chips and nothing to do with them. By the time the 2010
came out AM stereo was dead.

Anyone out there with a AM stereo receiver? (mine was stolen in 1989).

A brilliant engineer figured out that with a slight circuit modification,
he could add a sync detector (unheard of on a consumer radio) and get
rid of those chips.

With the demise of the SW77, I doubt those chips are still available.

Now, to throw my own two cents in. :-) I'd like to see the unit
"EMP hardened" to the point that a nearby lightening strike would not
damage it. I live 3,000 feet up in the desert and we get some very strong
lightening storms.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 972-54-608-069