Old September 11th 03, 08:24 AM
Brenda Ann

"Pete KE9OA" wrote in message
Thanks, Gary. I think that a portable will definitely be on the horizen,

and
the tone control circuit is beginning to sound like a better and better
idea. I think that this can be implemented into the design. The main thing
is the choice of turnover frequencies of the tone control circuit, for the
best sound. Back in the early to mid 90s, I used to design and build

custom
acoustic instrument amplifiers, so I've got a bit of experience with tone
control circuitry.
Thanks for those comments!

Pete

Do you have any experience with the Motorola tone control chips? Those are
quite nice, and just fit right in the normal audio chain with just a few
external components (capacitors, mostly). IIRC, they have about a 12 or 16
dB boost/cut, and I would imagine that you could tailor the crossover
frequencies with the external components..