Old September 11th 03, 08:42 AM
Pete KE9OA

Thanks, Matt. I will definitely be going with a
synthesizer....................system noise floor will be down around -138
-142dBm. I worked in the Synthesizer Group at Rockwell-Collins for awhile,
so I learned all of the things that my mother was afraid to tell me about
synthesizer. Those Rockwell-Collins folks were great!
It probably will be DC powered, using a low noise power supply of my own
design.
Matt wrote in message

I think the idea of a high performance MW radio is a great idea!
There is definately a good market for it. The main competitor I would
imagine would be the CC Radio, so your end price would have to be
comparative to that. I am a MW DXer, so I hope I can give you some
helpful advice and encouragement. No matter how the radio takes
shape, it probably goes without saying that it should be able to be