Old September 12th 03, 02:22 AM
RHF

= = = "mike"
= = = wrote in message ...
"Diverd4777 wrote

Ditto the agreement.

Here in Vermont, the unemployment rate is effectively nearing 15 %.
With a state population of about 750,000 each job posted to the newspaper
gets over 500 resumes.

Additionaly, Federal figures don't count those not collecting a check.
(inelligible, unable to find work after benefits expiring, etc)

mike

mike, Mike. MIKE !

"the unemployment rate is effectively nearing 15 %."

* "effectively" = Are we talking reality here or some ones Imagination
?
? How do we get to an "effective" Unemployment Rate ?
? ? ? Do we start with the Actual Unemployed ? ? ?
+ Add-in the Long Term Unemployed ?
+ + Add-in the Under-Employed ?
+ + + Add-in the School Teachers during the Summer ?
+ + + Add-in the Disabled due to Work Injuries ?
+ + + + Add-in the Homeless ?
+ + + + Add-in those on Welfare/AFDC/SSI/SSDI ?
+ + + + + Add-in the Full & Part Time Students ?
+ + + + + + Add-in the Retired ?
+ + + + + + + Add-in Prisoners in Jails ?

* "nearing" = 8 is nearer to 15 then 7 -and- 7 is nearer to 0 then 8
- Slip Sliding Away - - Slip Sliding Away - - - Slip Sliding Away . .
..

* "15" = So is this a Real Number ?
OR - Does it simply reflex your personal political {agenda} reality ?
- Gloom and Doom - - Gloom and Doom - - - Gloom and Doom . . .

* "%" = Percentage of What = "Able Body Workers" Only or Anyone and
Everyone ?

Please Enlighten Me ~ RHF

OBTW: The best set of "srebmun" (numbers: spelled back-words ) that
I remember, and that were 'presented' as FACTS. Involved counting
minority women twice as women and then minorities. But, for some
reason minority males were not counted twice. Oh So Politically
Correct !

..

..