Old September 12th 03, 04:53 AM
Bill Barol

Default help -- grundig majestic radio & shortwave reception

hello -- I've scoured the google archives and haven't come up with an answer
to this question; if it's been asked and answered, apologies. I've just
acquired a grundic majestic 3095 (ca. 1956), and the design and FM reception
and overall sound are pretty magnificent. as far as SW reception goes, it's
not so great. I'm not a SW aficionado or a wirehead but I'd like to improve
the reception on these bands if possible. the set has a jack in the back
for antenna and ground, with two approx. 1/4-inch-diameter holes about an
inch apart. is there an off-the-rack antenna that will up my odds here?
does anybody even make one that fits these older sets anymore? thanks in
advance for any advice.

bb