Old September 13th 03, 12:59 AM
--exray--

Kim Roland wrote:
(Michael Black) wrote in message ...

Mike Maghakian ) writes:

I have some radios that I would like to use a different knob on but
the shaft is usually about a 1/4 inch too short. does anyone have a
reliable method of extending a shaft a short amount and maintain
stability and strength ?

Its pretty hard to extend a shaft ONLY 1/4". The couplers alone tend to
be longer than that.
The only way I see is to cut back the original shaft and use a coupler
or any of the ideas previously mentioned. If its a metal shaft (not
aluminum) you could probably add on 1/4" with solder (and a file).
It may be easier just to replace the pot???

-Bill