Old September 14th 03, 05:39 AM
Gray Shockley

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:52:22 -0500, Jason wrote
(in message ):

I have an opportunity to buy a Realistic DX-392 from a friend. I have
read some reviews on the net, and most say they are adequate for the
price. Do any of you own one, and if so, how do you feel about it?

I'd say it's more than "adequate".

It's an excellent radio (in my opinion, of course). I bought one a while back
when RadioShack was phrasing them out (notice that they are still made (818)
by Sangean) to supplement my 398 and, for several things, I prefer the 392 to
the 398 (mostly adjustable SSB as opposed to switch).

It's also fairly large (for a portable) and I like that (but, then, I don't
"portatize" grin it).

I've never found anything I've really disliked about it.

Gray