Old September 14th 03, 05:24 PM
David

For serious international broadcasting, yes. Quite dead.

But Ute monitoring is still fun as is listening to the Nut Job Network
on domestic HF.

The international powerhouses have (or soon will) migrate totally to
internet and satellite.

see wrn.org

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 02:12:24 GMT, Jason
wrote:

Hello all

For a long time I have been interested in Shortwave listening, and I
have noticed on the internet that Digital radio is becoming more
prevalent. Before I go out and invest some money on a quality reciever,
is it safe to assume it is a hobby I can enjoy for years to come, or
will Shortwave be replaced in 5 years by more modern technology?

Thanks for any input,

JM Doiron