Old September 14th 03, 05:59 PM
King Pineapple

"Don Forsling" wrote in message

Yes it has and yes I do. The truth of your point simply points up the

truth
of the contention you're arguing against. In turns of international
broadcasting nations and transmitters on the air and listeners using
shortwave, SW has deminished each and every year since Kennedy was
president. And, I suppose that within the next year, yet another nation

or
two will announce that they're discontinuing international broadcasting

via
shortwave. So ask yourself this: "Are there as many stations on the air
now for as many hours as when I started in the hobby?" Your answer will

be
"no." It's "no" because, yes, shortwave _is_ dying. I take no
satisfaction in this, but the facts are the facts and they are

indisputable.

Hey, there's a LOT more than "international broadcasters" to listen to. In
fact, I listen to said stations very little.