Old September 14th 03, 08:50 PM
Tom Holden

Hi Mike. Could you find a small cylindrical knob that will fit the shaft,
and a piece of identical shaft? Slice the small knob to the length you need
and expoxy it to the big knob, using the shaft piece to align them. You
would need a means of slicing the knob perfectly square so that the result
does not rotate eccentrically. And you'd have to be careful not to have the
alignment shaft get set in the glue! (I know - in this group,someone is
going to make some remark about it being a sex-change operation)

73, Tom

"Mike Maghakian" wrote in message
om...
I have some radios that I would like to use a different knob on but
the shaft is usually about a 1/4 inch too short. does anyone have a
reliable method of extending a shaft a short amount and maintain
stability and strength ?