Old September 16th 03, 01:15 PM
N8KDV

The Hurricane Hunters now use MilSat to relay their observations.

Go to this page and scroll down to Hurrican Reconnasaince Aircraft to get
links on how to read the messages:

http://www.hurricanefrequencies.com/

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8, R8B and Yaesu FRG-7700

Matt wrote:

Hi guys... I'm interested in listening to some comms between Hurricane
Hunter aircrafts and the Natl Hurrican Center. Here are the freqs I
have:

3407.0 National Hurricane Center air-gnd "ALPHA"

5562.0 National Hurricane Center air-gnd "BRAVO"

5610.0 National Hurricane Center air-gnd "CHARLIE"

6673.0 National Hurricane Center air-gnd "DELTA"

8876.0 National Hurricane Center air-gnd "ECHO"

10015.0 National Hurricane Center air-gnd "FOXTROT"

13267.0 National Hurricane Center air-gnd "GOLF"

17901.0 National Hurricane Center air-gnd "HOTEL"

21937.0 National Hurricane Center air-gnd "INDIA"

I have been listening to these on and off for the last 2 days without
much luck. Has anyone heard any of these HH aircrafts on HF recently,
and if so, what time and what freq?

Thanks!

Matt