Old September 17th 03, 10:08 AM
Birderman

Thanks, I have since managed to find the prog and download it and got my
system running OK

In Windows XP Pro with FTBASIC (appears my com2 port is dead, but com1 works
fine). I have also discovered that some interface circuits on the net
suggest using 22uF capacitors with the MAX232 but I believe these have been
carried over from the earlier MAX202 circuit which uses 22uF the MAX232 only
requires 1uF Capacitors as shown in the MAX datasheets.

I have also modified my rig to derive 5V from it to pin 6 of the DIN plug to
power the CAT interface which simpler and more convenient than using the PC
serial port or external supply.

What I would like to know is how do Yaesu justify a £99 or so price tag fo
the interface without software when it only needs less than £10 worth of
components........Companies doing this type of extortion are obviously
helping to kill this hobby or keep it to the eleitest set.

Birderman.

Birderman

"Peter K" wrote in message
a google search for frgcntrl.zip will give many hits. see also
http://www.dk0tui.de/ham/ham_cat.html for links to cat software.

Peter K