Old September 18th 03, 11:49 PM
Caveat Lector

If the NG's and all else fails -- Read Da Manual !!!

--
73 From The Signal In The Noise
Caveat Lector Ya All
"RHF" wrote in message
om...
RFW,

Hey I learned something new today: That the R75 has two scanning
modes Continuous (Discrete) VFO Scanning; and Memmory Scanning.

Time to Punch Some Bottons !
- - - And Let the Digital Display Do the Walking )

jftfoi ~ RHF
.
.
= = = (Robert F Wieland)
= = = wrote in message ...
In article ,
Lawrence Rogers wrote:

The instruction manual that comes with my brand new R75 talks about
memory and VFO. I understand memory, but what is VFO?

TIA,

Larry Rogers
Hilo

This is just the ham-radio heritage of ICOM showing through. VFO is ham
jargon, its the acronym for Variable Frequency Oscillator. Here, it

means
the same thing as Continuous Tuning. On the R75, the difference between
memory & VFO modes becomes most important when you punch the SCAN

button.
In VFO mode, the frequency starts changing continuously, as if some
internal motor were turning the tuning knob. Push SCAN in Memory mode,
and the R75 starts jumping through the preset channels without covering
any frequencies "between".