Old September 19th 03, 09:10 PM
Ken Maltz

Being that the cost would be very little, I would simply take about 50 feet of
insulated hookup wire and run it back and forth around the underside of the
balcony ceiling; either taping or stapling it there temporarily. It's worth a
try and later on, one could add a balun or other upgrades. I lived for many
years in a 6-story apartment building in NYC and got good results with
everything from a length of wire hanging out of the window to a random-wire
strung between two laundry poles on the roof.
Ken Maltz
Syosset, NY
NRD-535D, Collins R-388, Racal RA6790/GM,
Panasonic RF-2200, Sony ICF-7600GR,
Hoka Code3 Gold-Pro, 60' long wire, MLB balun