Old September 22nd 03, 01:59 AM
Pete KE9OA

That sounds good..............I figured that something like that might have
happened.

Pete

TerMarL wrote in message ...
Pete,
Try the rldrake.com site. There's a FAQ section that talks about a SW8
display contact cleaning (or something like that).
Good luck,
TL

"Pete KE9OA" wrote in message
I just picked up an SW8 at the hamfest this
afternoon......................anyway, when you view the display

head-on,
some of the digits are faded looking. If I stand up, and look at the
display at a downward facing angle of 45 degrees, the display looks

fine.
Is there an internal contrast adjustment for the display? It is

possible
the the rubber connecting substrate has oxidized over the years. I know
that it isn't supposed to be like this...........I have played with

these
receivers in the past.

Pete