Old September 22nd 03, 06:31 AM
Robert Casey

John James wrote:

I'm setting up my ham station. I just passed my general and I would to be
able to operate when I find out what my call is. Do I hook up the red wire
from my rig to the plus terminal on the power supply?

My friend, who is a new Extra, says the red wire goes to the minus terminal,
but that can't be right because it's opposite of how I hooked my CB. What
wire goes where? Thanks

I'm an extra "lite" :-) and the red wire is usually the positive, and
black the negative return.
But I wouldn't depend on anything posted in the r.r.a.p. group, so
either RTFM (if
you have it), or ask over in r.r.a.equipment

assuming that this isn't a troll. But most trolls usually go for "know
code = no ham" or such....