Old September 23rd 03, 03:57 AM
tommyknocker

Tony Meloche wrote:

" wrote:

Benjamaniac wrote:

Does anybody know if any company makes a 24 UTC clock...say about the
size of a regular alarm clock ?? I'd like to find one that I could just sit
on the shelf to take a look at when I'm SWLing.
Thanks,
Ben

EBay is a great place to find one of these. Mine is a foot-wide analog
by MFJ that I got (barely) used for ten bucks. Runs forever on an AA
battery, and is very accurate. If you're willing to part with some coin
and do a little rigging, you can frequently find ones from old Navy
destroyers and the like - very cool.

I've seen old Heathkit radio controlled clocks-a geek friend of mine has
one in his computer room-but those don't show UTC. Atomic Time
(atomictime.com) makes a double display time clock, set one side to your
time and the other to UTC. I have one, but there's no way to stop one
side from switching to DST, so it's off by an hour half the year on UTC.
Still, it was the only radio controlled clock I could find that can show
UTC.