Old September 24th 03, 11:48 PM
Mark V. Russo

Norton anti-virus picked up every bad e-mail and it told me what it was.
Cable told me I had a virus and go to the norton site and get the fix.
I got the fix (a few of them in fact) and ran them many times.
It reported there was *NO* virus of that type on my system.
The answer (as far as I know) that my netscape somehow got corrupt.
I uninstalled it and installed Netscape 7.1.
Problem solved!!!
Cable with all their help did not help!

I have a router with a hardware firewall and am using zonealarm pro.
When any e-mail goes out or comes in

to this computer norton scans it. I was using Netscape 4.79, and
liked it. After I uninstalled 4.79 and installed
netscape 7.1 ALL problems were gone!!! Have NOT seen any bogus
e-mails since

Just my .02 cents
73

K5JOE wrote:

I am getting the same thing, I have a mail forwarding service from the
people that I bought my Domain Name from and they are catching about 15 or
20 per day and sending me a message that they caught the Worm before it got
to me.
Must be a world wide attack.
K5JOE

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message

I am getting them as well, up to 1000 per day, at least I can use my ISP's
webmail email server to delete the emails at that point before they are
downloaded to my PC. Although I am quite sure these darned emails are
flooding email servers around the world, cluttering them up.......

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
"Joe" wrote in message

Im in the same boat Alex!
2-300 a day! an absolute pain the arse!

"Alex Pozzy" wrote in message
m...

I'm getting slammed with these emails all friggin' day. I downloaded

the

fix from symantec, and it says I don't have the virus. Any idea how I

stop

the emails?

thanks,
Alex