Old September 26th 03, 07:44 PM
Rambler

(Diverd4777) wrote in message ...
Rambler:

Whilst on the trails, Backpacking, How much time will you spend listening to
the radio ??

This radio will probably get used 80% travel and 10% backpacking and
then, mostly if it had the weather bands on it. I am not a big "radio
in the outdoors" guy and would just use it with earbuds as I went to
sleep in the tent. But the weatherband would add a safety margin to
extreme weather. I have a Oregon Scientific Portable Weather radio
that I carry now, but it is fairly large to not have at least AM/FM
built in. Do any of the small radios (other than the Yeasu VR-500)
have the weather bands AND shortwave? I haven't seen any.

Thanks for the help.
Rambler