Old September 27th 03, 09:47 PM
Gregg

Behold, Dale Parfitt signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

Gregg wrote:

Behold, Dale Parfitt signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

Antenna theory, and NEC modeling radically disagree with this-
How many
antennas do you want to see that are not 1/2 wave above a
perfect ground and yet show outstanding directionality?

W4OP

Phased arrays can be made directional. We are talking longwires
here.

So am I. The higher a longwire antenna is in terms of wavelength, the
better defined the nulls become; i.e. its directional characteristics
are enhanced. Nothing magical about 1/2 wave above perfectly
conducting ground.
If you can read AO files, I'll be happy to send a file demonstrating
this.

W4OP

Great! I learn something new every day :-)

AO file? I'm sure I can apt-get something to read them (I run Linux).
Fire away!

geek at scorpiorising dot ca

Hi Gregg,
You will need any version of Antenna Optimizer. Alternatively, I can
probably generate an EZNEC file- a demo version of which can be
downloaded from the EZNEC site.

Dale W4OP

Antenna Optimizer? Sounds like a nice toy. What's the URL for it?

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*