Old September 29th 03, 02:34 AM
starman

Tim Shoppa wrote:

Gray Shockley wrote in message ...
He maintained the electrical ground ("earth") and he created an "antenna"
ground (chassis).

Yeah, that's what I did, and it worked very nicely. But it's also clear
that the ground at the AC entrance panel isn't doing so well itself. I've
got to find the relevant section of the NEC and figure out how I can
both comply with the code *and* put a ground there. I'm 100% sure that what
I did (5 foot copper pipes) for the radio ground isn't compliant for the
AC entrance ground.

Tim.

Thanks for clearing that up. After posting my first reply I realized
your new ground rods might only be for the radio. I thought they were
for the AC entrance and domestic wiring. That's why I said you didn't
need two ground systems for the house and could disconnect the old one.
If you try another method for grounding the AC entrance, try using the
radio without it's new ground rod system and let us know if the noise
gets worse or stays the same.