Old September 29th 03, 04:34 PM
Diverd4777

In article ,
(Rambler) writes:

Thanks for all the input on this from everyone. This is my plan as of
today:

1. I bought a Kaide KK-9702 on Ebay for $15.00. This is a small
lightweight radio that got better reviews than the Grundig 100. It
will be a redio that I would not care got confiscated or zapped in an
airport.

- They usually just have you turn it on & maybe open it up..

It's 4.6"X3" and 6oz. so its small. I look forward to
comparing it to my ATS-808 to see how big of a difference there really
is in performance.

Rambler

Congratulations on your new receiver;
- Checked it out on

http://www.radiointel.com/review-kaidekk9702.htm

- And it looks Just ( about) like the Jwin JX-M14.

- In NYC wandering around out in the streets in the afternoon,
I can pick up BBC 12.095 from ascension Island; just off the whip; Good
analoge unit.

Probably great out in the woods, or beaches or the mountains at night
in a tent or whatever...

Fun !

Dan