Old September 30th 03, 01:44 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Gray Shockley" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:16:48 -0500, Frank Dresser wrote
(in message

):

I suppose, except for the RFI. What can we SWLs do if there's nothing

but
BPL hash on the radio?

Frank, I don't know if this is related whatsoever 'cuz I, too, know

nothing
about BPL.

When I was in college in the mid 60's, the campus radio station used the
campus power lines rather than a RF transmitter to broadcast.

The main reason I remember it was that there would occasionally be

problems
with the signal over power lines (but not the power per se) and soime

dorms
could get the station and some - usually one or two - would be cut off for

day or two.

I'm not sure there is any relationship; just thought I'd throw this up

bwg.

Gray Shockley

Yeah my dormitory did the same thing 35 years ago so BPL is hardly "new".

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE