Old September 30th 03, 04:08 AM
Gray Shockley

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:59:26 -0500, RedOctober90 wrote
(in message ) :

Hi list

I became aware of a Jewish station transmitting somewhere from
Brooklyn NY recently. Tonight around 0230z, I used my DX-398 and my
RadioShack loop and tuned to 1710 sure enough, when nulling out all
the electrical buzzes I heard some music possibly in Hebrew, music
sounded as if it had something to do with that. After that at 0235z,
some guy talking for like 20 minutes or more. Sounds indeed like
Hebrew to me.

Anyone have any info?

73

Hm,m,m - here we have an "endless loop" on a 1/10th watt station with tourist
info on it at 1710. The sig is, normally, good for about two miles (on car
radio).

How far are you from Brooklyn?

Also, it might be kinda nifty to, periodically, check very-lo MW and very
high-mw (but not for me sigh, I'm almost on top of the local one - about
four blocks).

Gray Shockley
DX-392 DX-398
RX-320 DX-399