Old September 30th 03, 05:46 PM
RHF

= = = "Frank Dresser"
= = = wrote in message ...
"matt weber" wrote in message

And the eronomics of the YB-500 are without a doubt the worst of any
commercial receiver. The instruction books is unreadable, and

It also eats batteries like there is no tomorrow. It was Grundig's
first attempt to resond to the Sony SW-55/77. They had a lot to
learn. You cannot pay me enough to want to own another YB500.

My cousin has one of those. He asked me for some tips on how to use it. It
didn't take me long to realize that the YB 500 was, and is, the single most
annoying radio I have ever had the displeasure to work with. And the manual
was nearly incomprehensible.

..
..
FD,

The 'original' Grundig-AG (Germany) Yacht Boy 500 "manual" was written
in Zeta Talk )
GoTo= http://www.zetatalk.com/

The 'new' Grundig-USA (ETON Corp.) Yacht Boy 550 "manual" was written
in TecsunGrundigese Speak )

~ RHF
-o/m- "Grundig Yacht Boy Radios" eGroup at YAHOO !
(Looking Forward to the Release of the Yacht Boy YB-550 PE in
September-2003.)
..
..
But it's a good performing radio with nice
sound. 100 bucks? I'll bet Art Bell could have sold a million of 'em at
twice the price. Every Bell fan wants, no needs, a radio designed for
visitors from another planet.

Frank Dresser