Old October 1st 03, 11:42 PM
Michael

Hiya...

I attempted the sync mod myself but I wound up breaking a pin off of the
stock Motorola chip that is part of the R-75's sync circuit. So, I sent it
to Kiwa. Since I had to send them the radio, I asked them to do the audio
upgrade for me also. Remarkably, they had the radio back to me in a week.

--
Respectfully,

Michael

Home Page: http://md_dxing.tripod.com/
Northern NJ
R75 w/DSP, Kiwa agc/sync & audio mods
G5RV & 200ft longwire w/ICE-180
MFJ-1048 preselector
SoundBlstr Live PC card w/five piece Cambridge
speakers & full software mixer/eq.

"Paul Clay" wrote in message
Michael wrote:

good as the Drake's. With the mods, and a nice external speaker, my

R-75 is
a full sounding AM radio that can be listened too comfortably for hours

:-)

So... The R-75 can do what the Drake can including sound just as good as

an
AM radio with a simple, inexpensive and fully reversible mod, but the

Drake
can't do what the R-75 can.

Did you install the mods yourself, or did you send your R-75 to Kiwa mods
yourself? If you sent the unit off to Kiwa, how long did it take to get

it
back?

Thanks,
Paul