Old June 9th 04, 01:41 AM
Cecil Moore

Tom Ring wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:

I am from the old school, Ken. I believe that power is a scalar and
doesn't possess phase. IMO, any phase calculation that you see being
used on power originates from the voltage phase and/or current phase
associated with that power. It is done all the time in optics.

Interesting comment, however the "power" companies would have a great
difference of opinion with you.

My degree is in Power Engineering and I learned the above at
Texas A&M. Of course, Volt-Amps have a phase, but power always
lies along the real axis. What would be the physical meaning of
25 watts at 45 degrees?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp