Old October 2nd 03, 12:39 PM
Miles Mitchell

Telamon wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Miles Mitchell) wrote:

Does anyone have a Drake R8,A,B. and compared it to a Ten Tec Rx 340
with all variables being the same, I would be grateful for some
opinions as I am considering the 340 in the future to replace the
venerable Drake.

I own an R8B and RX340. They are radios with different abilities and I
would not consider one an upgrade to the other. The mode of signal,
conditions and whether I'm band scanning or not determine which radio I
listen to at any one time. I not a person to write long reviews so if
you can be more specific in what you want to do with the radio it would
help.

I have my Drake R8 hooked up to a Sherwood Se-3 sync and use it
specifically for sw dxing, I would run the 340 through the sync as
well, I was wondering if I would be any further ahead in copying weak
signals considering the variability of the filters, agc, and the
general flexability of the radio
compared to the Drake.
Thankyou in advance Miles.