Old October 3rd 03, 05:27 PM
N8KDV

Dan Robinson wrote:

These days, you won't find you will be able
to hear much more with a 340 than you will
with a R8, or 8A, or 8B. I own about 27 receivers,
including R7A, R8s, and NRDs. Every once in a
while I'll fire up my FRG100B, and I have to tell
you that if the signal is there you're going to hear
it. The 340 has fantastic signal processing capabilities
with DSP and I was very impressed when I tried it,
but the days when a multi kilobuck receiver will make
the difference are over.

I had the use of one for several weeks myself (RX-340), and I found the same to be
true. Way overpriced for what it does, and doesn't.

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8, R8B and Yaesu FRG-7700