Old October 3rd 03, 05:40 PM
RHF

FO&A,

To be a QuarterBack in the NFL requires someone that is a pretty good
athletic and has a good head on his shoulders. And anyone that makes
it as a starting quaterback is one of the best of the best; whether
they are black, white or some other.

I have always thought that John Elway was overrate by the "Media" and
that Waren Moon did not get the recognition he deserved.

With 32 NFL Teams and three "Q" Backs per team = 96 Total
- - - With 12 'black' quarterbacks that is about equal
- - - to black folks representation in the total USof Population

However with some NFL Teams reaching 60% of their players being
'black'.
- - - Five times the percentage in the USofA Population.
- - - Maybe it is time to a require Affirmative Action.
- - - For white folks (players) in the NFL.

After all shouldn't we have a truly representative and balance
society.
- - - Just Another Crazy Idea !

~ RHF
..
..
= = = Johnny U. Nite-us
= = = wrote in message ...
This isn't a "black quarterback thing". We all know the NFL has twelve of them.
It's this constant PUSH by the media to annointe a black superstar QB when they
don't have the qualifications! Look at McNabb's QB rating!

My pet peeve is Michael Vick of the Falcons. ESPN was actually promoting him for
NFL MVP after only the first PRE-SEASON game!

And don't you think the sports media trying to push Brett Favre (white southern
Mississippi boy) into early retirement is ALSO a move by ESPN and others to make
way for a manufactured black superstar QB???

Sorry. Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair and D. Culpepper will NEVER
be able to hold a candle to Unitas, Young, Montana, Marino, Elway, etc.

BTW, if this Rush-drug connection should prove to be true, wouldn't Rush be
eligible to get his job back at ESPN? And he should be able to move in as co-
anchor next to Michael "Crack Whore" Irvine!!

Johnny U.