Old June 9th 04, 12:38 PM
Fractenna

in fact, that was the article that raised all the questions ;-)
I found it interesting, but wanted to know if hams are really using it!

Kind regards,

Jan, ON5DOA

Not to my knowledge, Jan.

The presently and easily available (that is, free) info on fractal antennas
for hams is poor in content and often factually inaccurate, in my opinion, and
this is likely to remain so. In the world we live in today, this makes a lot of
a sense in its own quirky fashion.

Commercial uses are a different story, however. Of course, that's not what this
NG is about.

When hams switch to software radios in a big way then fractal antennas targeted
to hams might be worth making more widely known. With some luck, they'll be a
few of us 'hams' left then!

73,
Chip N1IR