Old June 9th 04, 05:42 PM
Steve Nosko

"Michael McNabb" wrote in message
om...
...My wireless keyboard has limited
range ... I have
already tapped into the ...antenna trace
on the circuit board by adding a long wire ...
outside of the cabinet. This improved the range....
what about wiring my external antenna wire into the ground of
a 3-prong power outlet.

A few comments.

This "ground" wire, for all intents and purposes, is just a wire running
around your house -- as far as this RF signal is concerned (I assume it is
in the 2GHz 802.11 range) Whether you use this wire or run any old wire
around the place, you have the same type of thing - as far as your desired
RF is concerned.
You must have a small capacitor in this line, however. I would think
that anything between 1 pF and 50 pF is ok. This will greatly help with
most problems in connecting up to the building power line ground system
mentioned in ther posts.

--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.