Old October 9th 03, 12:51 AM
Frank Dresser

"Jack" wrote in message

I just was listening to a snip of Chistian Science Radio on WHSB that
signed off at 2000 UTC. Like many Christian stations, it was being
broadcast out of band, this transmission on 14.765 MHz. I checked out
WHSB's schedule on their web page and didn't find this particular freq
listed in their sked. (The sked listed only broadcasts inside normal
SW broadcast band limits).

Usually, I hear them just outside the band, bit 14.775 is a long way
from home!!! Why do so many "Christian" broadcasters treansmit out of
band? Few other than real "pirates" go OOB like that. And th4
pirates take precautions to avoide being located and fined, or worse!

I think the FCC is allocating them old abandonded utility frequencies which
the ITU already has assigned to the US.

Frank Dresser