Old October 9th 03, 02:19 AM
tommyknocker

Jack wrote:

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 23:51:44 GMT, "Frank Dresser"
wrote:

"Jack" wrote in message
.. .

snip

Usually, I hear them just outside the band, bit 14.775 is a long way
from home!!! Why do so many "Christian" broadcasters treansmit out of
band? Few other than real "pirates" go OOB like that. And th4
pirates take precautions to avoide being located and fined, or worse!

I think the FCC is allocating them old abandonded utility frequencies which
the ITU already has assigned to the US.

Frank Dresser

Makes sense in a weird sort of way. At least it keeps them out of the
ITU SWBC bands where they play havoc with the DX. Probably makes the
Christian broadasters happy too, as they have relatively clear channel
allocations to "spread the word."

I suppose the ute freqs were abandoned as the utilities either went
under or moved operations to VHF/UHF/uW and satellite.

From what I've heard, utilities formerly on SW mostly use satellite.
They probably have better signal quality and reliability that way.