Old June 9th 04, 09:55 PM
Steve Nosko

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
I know that a shorted 1/4 wave stub exhibits a very high impedance. But
for the 2nd harmonic it's a 1/2 wave stub and exhibits a very low

impedance
or a short. There are claims that this can be used to filter the even
harmonics. Shorts can't diisipate power and must reflect, so how does a
stub work?
73 Hank WD5JFR

Put a Tee on a coax line and connect the stub there. At the H2 there is
a short and reflectinonback up-stream.
Common filters you see everywhere are "reflective" by nature / design as
well. They have other than Zo off frequency and therefore reflect the
unwanted stuff back to the source. It has to be able to handle it.

Help any?
--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.