Old October 9th 03, 10:28 PM
TerMarL

Never played with a 7600 but the 7601 is the first receiver I ever bought
(in 1990). Since then I've seen 10 other boxes come and some go. The 7601
is the one I always held onto if not for any reason to turn on and do analog
surfing, just looking for something to listen to. Yeah, there are a few
stations that broadcast between the fixed bands but all in all, it's a great
radio. Back in the first gulf war, CNN would show a picture of a shortwaver
radio when getting a voice only feed from Arnett, it was a 7601. Oh, one
last point, the 4 AA batteries last forever.