Old October 10th 03, 06:35 PM
justemoi

Default Signal echo on 12.172

I've never posted to this group, but read it almost daily.
Thanks to all for being such courteous posters. This
is not seen in very many Usenet groups.

I've owned a Realistic DX-392 for several years and have
been using it a lot over the past year.

I have a piece of insulated blasting wire running down the
center of the place where I live attached to the external antenna
with an alligator clip. It is fully open in the front
half with bedrooms and bathroom in the back half.
40 ft.X 30 ft.

I also have the antenna grounded to the cold water pipe.

Today I've noticed a severe background echo while listening to
the Alex Jones show on 12.172. The signal is really strong
and the weather is sunny and clear.

The echo is really annoying and I've never heard it before.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this
and if there is a way to stop it???

{0
)
{0