Old October 10th 03, 10:51 PM
Stephan Grossklass

justemoi schrieb:

Today I've noticed a severe background echo while listening to
the Alex Jones show on 12.172. The signal is really strong
and the weather is sunny and clear.

The echo is really annoying and I've never heard it before.

That's usually two way propagation - once from the transmitter on the
short path (shortest possible connection to you), once on the long path
(the other way round the globe - even if radio waves travel 300,000
km/s, the greatest distance possible is around 40,000 km, which makes
about a 133 ms delay max). Can also be satellite feed related if a
station uses two different transmitters (say, on different continents)
on the same frequency.

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/ | Webm.: http://www.i24.com/
PC#6: i440LX, 2xCel300A, 448 MB, 18 GB, ATI AGP 32 MB, 110W