Old June 10th 04, 02:05 AM
Yuri Blanarovich

Another press write-up:

http://www.planetanalog.com/news/sho...cleID=21402311

Jim, K7JEB

Where is says:

"With my technique, I reduce the inductive loading that is normally required to
resonate the antenna by as much as 75 percent . . . by utilizing the
distributed capacitance around the antenna," he explained.

"I looked at all the different approaches used to make antennas smaller, and
there seemed to be good and bad aspects" to each, Vincent said. "A helix
antenna is normally known to be a core radiator, because the current profile
drops off rapidly; they are just an inductor, and inductance does not like to
see changes in current, so it's going to buck that.

"What I found was that for any smaller antenna, if you place a load coil in the
middle you can normalize and make the current through the helix unity; that is,
you can maximize it and linearize it," he added.

Let me guess, he "snaked" the part of the radiator in the plane, rather than
winding it as a coil, then added loading coil and and perhaps
capacitive/inductive top hat (like Force 12 uses and old Ukrainian patent)

Cecil, have you noticed the statement about the loading coil current? Buck
that!

Yuri, K3BU.us